Save to My Recipes
The mother of all cold soups à la française, it’s a simple cold version of Potage Bonne Femme with milk.
Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 20 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 3 leeks, thinly sliced (discard the green part)
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 cup whole milk
- ⅓ cup crème fraîche
- 8 parsley sprigs
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter on low heat. Add the diced onion and cook slowly, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Then add the leeks (only the white parts, cut in very thin slices), and cook slowly for another 5 minutes. Add the potatoes, salt, and pepper, and stir well. Add the chicken stock, bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a simmer. Add the milk, stir well, and simmer for 30 minutes over very low heat.
- Pour into a blender and process until very smooth. Pour the mixture into a serving bowl, and let it cool at room temperature for about 30 minutes. You can then add the cream. Stir well, and put in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Decorate with parsley sprigs, and serve very cold.