Sour Cream Bars
Savor the rich filling, bursting with plump raisins and a hint of cinnamon.
Prep: 15 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour, all-purpose
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3⁄4 cups quick cooking oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9"x13" pan.
- In a medium saucepan, cook raisins, white sugar, eggs, cornstarch, sour cream and cinnamon over low heat until well blended. Set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, mix together brown sugar, quick-cooking oats, baking soda, butter, flour and salt until crumbly. Press half of mixture into pan. Pour cooked mixture over crust and crumble the other half of crust over the top. Bake for 30-35 minutes.