Sour Cream and Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
These mashed potatoes taste buttery without any added butter; perfect!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes. Drain potatoes and return to hot pot.
- Turn heat to low and shake potatoes to dry. Add olive oil and mash with a large fork. Then add buttermilk, sour cream, pepper, and salt and mash until combined. Serve immediately.