Sour Cream Coffee Cake
This sour cream coffee cake is a treat first thing in the morning with a cup of hot coffee or cold milk.
Serves: 9Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Tbsp. butter, softened and divided
- 1 Tbsp. whole milk
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. unrefined coconut oil, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Using most of 1 tablespoon butter, grease an 8-by-8-inch baking dish. Line the bottom with parchment paper and grease with the rest of the tablespoon butter.
- In a small bowl, mix milk and vinegar. In another small bowl, whisk together cinnamon and 1 tablespoon sugar. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream remaining sugar, the remaining 3 tablespoons butter, and coconut oil. Blend in sour cream, vanilla, and eggs. By hand, stir in milk mixture and walnuts.
- Drizzle sour cream mixture over the flour mixture, stirring gently. Do not over-stir.
- Pour half of the batter evenly into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon mixture. Carefully spoon the remaining batter over the cinnamon layer and top with the remaining cinnamon mixture.
- Bake 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted and removed from center remains clean.