Sour Cream Orange Cake
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 Tbsp. distilled white vinegar
- 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. grated orange zest
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease and flour a springform pan (9 inches).
- In a bowl, cream the butter until light. Add 1 1⁄2 cups sugar and the eggs and beat until creamy and light. In another bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix evaporated milk with vinegar. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternately with the sour milk. Add the vanilla and orange zest. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a knife comes out clean. Cool in the pan 5 minutes, then invert onto a rack and cool thoroughly
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stir together the orange juice and the remaining 3⁄4 cup sugar. Bring to a boil and stir until the sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Pour the orange juice glaze over the cooled cake.