You can still enjoy meatballs on the low-FODMAP diet if you don’t use gluten-containing bread crumbs. The toasted sourdough bread crumbs add a zest to these classic savory meatballs.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 slice gluten-free sourdough bread, toasted
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb. ground meat (mix of beef, pork, and veal)
- Pulse bread in a food processor to create coarse crumbs.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg, cheese, salt, and pepper. Add bread crumbs and meat. Hand mix just until combined.
- Preheat broiler. Form mixture into 16 equally sized balls and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil 8 to 10 minutes, or until tops are evenly browned. Remove sheet, carefully turn meatballs over, and broil 8–10 minutes more or until fully cooked. Serve.