While this is excellent served with white rice for a light dinner, it is good served cold atop a bed of mixed greens, too.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 day 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 6 capers, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 lbs. langoustines or sliced lobster tail
- Combine the lime juice, white wine, capers, garlic, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Put the langoustines in a medium skillet and pour the lime mixture over the top. Slowly bring to a simmer at medium heat. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the langoustines are opaque.
- Remove from heat and pour the entire mixture into a bowl; refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Drain off the liquid and reheat the langoustines by placing in a medium covered pot on medium-low heat for five minutes. Stir and test by eating a small piece. If not hot enough, add ¼ cup water, cover and raise heat to medium for 2 more minutes.