South of the Border Breakfast Tacos
These egg tacos are a great way to break out of your breakfast routine.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 Simple Truth Organic ™ Cage Free Large Brown Eggs Grade A
- 2 tablespoons water
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons Simple Truth Organic™ Refined Coconut Oil
- 4 6" corn tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Mild Salsa
- 1 avocado, pitted and chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh Simple Truth Organic™ Cilantro, chopped
- Whisk together the eggs and water in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the egg mixture and cook, stirring with a spatula until just set, about 2-3 minutes.
- Place tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave for 10-20 seconds.
- Place one on each plate and top one half of each tortilla with the eggs, salsa, avocado and green onions. Sprinkle with the lime juice, top with cilantro and serve.