Southeast Asian Slaw
This crisp, lightly spiced salad is fine enough to roll in Asian-inspired wraps, and combines beautifully with jasmine rice, cooked in coconut milk to make a unique taste.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ head Napa cabbage (about ½ lb.), chopped
- ½ medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- ⅛ tsp. sesame oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- Combine the cabbage with carrot, onion and chili pepper.
- Dress with lime, rice vinegar, sugar, vegetable oil, sesame oil, and salt; toss thoroughly.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.