Serve with eggs and bacon for a classic Southern breakfast. Refrigerate leftovers in meal-size portions and reheat them throughout the week.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 8 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1½ cups stone-ground grits
- 4¼ cups chicken stock
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup shredded white Cheddar cheese
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Add the grits, stock, pepper, and salt to a 4-quart slow cooker. Stir. Cook on low for 8 hours. Stir the cheese into the grits before serving. Sprinkle with pepper.