Southwest Almond Soup
This soup is spicy, thick, and rich, with a wonderful texture and flavor combination.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 Tbsp. almond flour
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 2⁄3 cup almond butter
- 1⁄3 cup almond milk
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup pesto
- In large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and jalapeño; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Add almond flour and cumin; cook for 1 minute. Then beat in broth and simmer for 2 minutes until thickened.
- Add almond butter, almond milk, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes until flavors are blended.
- Swirl a spoonful of pesto into each bowl before serving.