Southwest Breakfast Poutine
Try chilaquiles and poutine for breakfast! This smash-up recipe combines the best of each – salsa verde with fries and cheese curds, topped with a fried egg.
Serves: 2Prep: 15 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 ounces extra crispy thin cut frozen French fries
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup salsa verde
- 3 ounces cheese curds, roughly chopped
- 1 fried egg
- Chopped cilantro, sliced jalapeños, sour cream and avocado (as desired)
- Heat oven to 450°F. Spread fries in an even layer on a baking sheet; bake 12-15 minutes until crispy.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, add oil; sauté pepper, onion and beans until vegetables have softened and started to brown. In a small sauce pan over medium heat, add salsa; heat through.
- When fries are crispy, transfer to a heat safe serving dish. Top with bean mixture and cheese curds. Bake 3-5 minutes until curds are slightly melted. Top with salsa, a fried egg and desired garnishes. Refrigerate leftovers.