Southwest Caesar Burgers
Caesar dressing plus a spicy kick of flavor turns these delicious burgers up a notch.
Serves: 4Prep: 30 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 2 fresh ears corn
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup prepared Caesar salad dressing
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 4 beef sirloin patties, 6 oz. each
- Sea or kosher salt
- 2 cups sliced romaine lettuce
- 8 slices Sargento® Sliced Colby-Jack Cheese
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Tortilla chips, broken into pieces
- 4 hamburger buns
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Place red bell pepper, onion, corn, garlic and jalapeño in a roasting pan. Toss well with oil and place in oven. Cook, turning occasionally, until all items are lightly toasted on the outside (about 20 minutes). Remove and allow to cool at room temperature. Peel, seed and slice bell pepper and jalapeño. Slice red onion and cut corn off of cob; set aside. In a blender, combine Caesar dressing, lime zest and juice, roasted garlic, jalapeño, salt and pepper; process until smooth. Chill in refrigerator.
- Preheat grill on medium-high heat. Season beef patties with salt and pepper, and place on grill. Cook 8 minutes; turn patties. Cook about 7 minutes longer to internal temperature of 160° F. Top each burger with 2 slices of cheese and allow to melt. Toast buns lightly on grill.
- In a mixing bowl, combine romaine, dressing, avocado, red bell pepper, corn, cilantro, onion and tortilla chips; toss lightly. Place burgers on buns. Top with romaine mixture and serve. Refrigerate any leftovers.