Southwest Pork Chops
These spicy pork chops are coated with layers of Tex-Mex flavor. Serve them with hot mashed potatoes, a cooling fruit salad, and a lemon meringue pie for dessert.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 boneless pork chops (6 oz. each)
- 1 tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 chipotle chili, minced
- 2 Tbsp. adobo sauce
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- Place olive oil in heavy skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt, cayenne pepper, and chili powder and rub into meat. Add pork chops to skillet and cook for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine chipotle chili, adobo sauce, salsa, and tomato sauce in a small bowl.
- Turn pork chops and cook for 2 minutes. Then add tomato sauce mixture to skillet, bring to a simmer, and simmer for 5 minutes until chops are cooked and tender. Serve immediately.