Southwest Potato Skillet
This easy breakfast skillet comes together in no time. Swap out the sausage links with cooked chorizo and add a few more nacho toppings, like pinto beans, green onion and jalapeño, for a loaded breakfast skillet.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups Ore-Ida® Potatoes O'Brien
- 8 fully-cooked breakfast sausage links, cut in ½” slices
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 3⁄4 cup shredded Mexican blend or cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- In 10” skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add potatoes; cook 10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in sausage and salsa; heat through.
- Sprinkle with cheese; reduce heat. Cover and cook 2-3 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from heat.
- Top with avocado, olives and cilantro.
- Refrigerate leftovers.