Soy-Free Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
This popular beef and broccoli dish is made with coconut aminos, a soy free sauce made with coconut sap. You can buy it at some supermarkets, health food stores, and online.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ⅓ cup fish sauce
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 4 tsp. coconut aminos, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced and divided
- 1 lb. boneless round steak, cut into thin 2" strips
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, mix together fish sauce, sesame oil, 2 teaspoons coconut aminos, and half the garlic. Add steak to bowl, making sure all meat is covered, and marinate in the refrigerator 1 hour.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until soft, about 4 minutes. Add broccoli and sauté until broccoli is soft but still crisp, about 5 more minutes.
- Remove beef from marinade and add to broccoli and onion mixture, along with remaining coconut aminos, remaining garlic, and ginger. Stir well and sauté until beef is cooked, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.