Soy and Ginger Flank Steak
Soy and Ginger Flank Steak makes an excellent addition to any Asian-themed menu. Try mixing the sliced cooked steak into your next stir-fry just before serving.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 4 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. flank steak
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tsp. fresh garlic, minced
- ¼ cup sliced scallions
- 1 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. dry red wine
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ Tbsp. olive oil
- Place meat, ginger, garlic, scallions, soy sauce, red wine, pepper, and olive oil in shallow baking dish. Coat meat with marinade on both sides.
- Cover and refrigerate meat in marinade, turning meat once or twice during marinating so all marinade soaks into both sides of meat. Marinate at least 4 hours.
- Lightly oil barbecue grill and preheat. Place flank steak on grill. Grill steak, turning once, until done to your preference. Medium-rare will take approximately 12–15 minutes. Slice meat diagonally and against grain into thin slices.