This bread is best if you eat the whole thing the day that it is made! It doesnʼt store well, so make a big pot of soup to enjoy with fresh baked bread.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ cups soy milk
- 1½ Tbsp. white vinegar
- 4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly oil a baking sheet and set aside.
- Measure soy milk in a large measuring cup. Add vinegar and set aside.
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a large bowl. Mix until well blended. Add the milk mixture a little at a time to make a soft dough that isnʼt too sticky. Knead on a floured surface, just until dough is smooth, about 3 minutes. Shape dough into a round loaf.
- Using a sharp knife, cut an “X” in the top. Place loaf on prepared baking sheet. Bake on center oven rack about 45 minutes or until golden brown.