Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
This Roman-style recipe is perhaps the easiest of all pasta dishes. Once the pasta is cooked, this dish comes together in mere moments.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ lb. spaghetti
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain in a colander, reserving ½ cup of the hot cooking water. Combine the olive oil and garlic in a large skillet over high heat until the garlic sizzles and becomes fragrant, but does not brown. Add all the cooked pasta at once. Season with salt and add a few drops of cooking water, and toss to coat. Serve topped with pepper, butter, and cheese.