This hearty casserole is a great family dinner. For a change, add mushrooms to the tomato sauce.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 lb. spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 13-by-9-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add beef and cook until brown. Add onion, garlic, and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper; cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and milk and beat well. Add pasta to bowl with egg mixture; toss with tongs to coat.
- Pour spaghetti mixture into prepared dish and spread evenly. Spoon tomato sauce over all, then sprinkle with cheese. Bake 40 minutes or until casserole is hot and cheeses are melted and beginning to brown. Let stand for 5 minutes, then cut into squares to serve.