Spaghetti con Broccoli Siciliano
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup virgin olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. broccoli, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- ½ cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- In a large skillet, sauté the onion in the olive oil over medium heat until golden brown. Add the tomatoes and garlic and cook for 7 minutes. Add the wine and cook for 5 minutes more. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add salt and broccoli. Cook just until bright green, about 3 minutes. Remove with tongs or a spider strainer, leaving water simmering, and add broccoli to the sauce.
- Return pot of salted water to boil. Add the spaghetti, stir to separate, and cook for about 7 minutes, or until al dente. Drain and combine with tomato sauce and cheese.