Spaghetti and Meatballs
This is a recipe for a favorite comfort food for all ages. The meatballs can also be used to make meatball sandwiches.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 2 hoursDifficulty: Medium
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 slice white bread, torn into pieces
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb. spaghetti, cooked
- In a large pot, heat the sauce to a simmer while assembling the meatballs.
- To make the meatballs: Combine ground beef in a bowl with the remaining ingredients (except for the spaghetti). Shape meat mixture into 2-inch balls and drop them into the simmering sauce. Simmer uncovered for 1½ hours, stirring gently from time to time.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti.