Spaghetti and Not-Meatballs
Serve this vegetarian dish with crusty French bread.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 2 hoursDifficulty: Medium
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 3⁄4 cup pine nuts, finely processed in food processor
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 packet onion soup mix
- 2 cups grated Asiago cheese
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. spaghetti, cooked
- 4 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix together the pine nuts, eggs, onion soup mix, cheese, breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, and garlic. Form into not-meatballs.
- Place balls on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until balls are browned. Turn meatballs every 10 minutes.
- Heat marinara in a large saucepan. When the meatballs are browned, transfer them to the marinara sauce and simmer on low for 45 minutes–1 hour.
- Serve over hot spaghetti sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.