This traditional Italian pasta sauce is a spicy and pungent tomato-based sauce made with capers, black olives, and anchovies. Serve it with a green salad and crusty bread.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp. dried crushed red pepper
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp. drained capers
- 1 cup chopped oil-cured black olives
- 5 anchovies, chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 lb. cooked spaghetti
- In a 6-quart soup pot, sauté garlic in oil for a few minutes.
- Add tomatoes, red pepper, and oregano, and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add capers, olives, and anchovies and cook for another 5 minutes. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Toss cooked pasta in the sauce.