Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs
Spaghetti squash is the perfect way to sneak in extra vegetables while serving everyone’s favorite spaghetti and meatballs.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 1 hour 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 2 small spaghetti squash (about 2 lbs.), cut in half lengthwise; seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups Kroger Marinara Pasta Sauce
- 1 package (12 oz.) Kroger Italian Style Meatballs
- 1 cup Private Selection Italian Style Blend Shredded Cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Place spaghetti squash halves cut side down on a rimmed baking sheet with enough water to cover the surface of the pan. Bake 40-45 minutes or until just tender.
- Carefully flip squash over; use a fork to pull up strands of squash from sides but keeping each in the shell. Drizzle evenly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss gently to combine.
- Push squash strands towards the edges of the shell, making a well in the center of each squash half. Evenly divide meatballs, sauce and cheese between the wells.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until meatballs are hot and cheese is melted and browning. Refrigerate leftovers.