Spaghetti Squash Gratin
What’s the secret to a satisfying low-carb side dish? With spaghetti squash, creamy melted cheeses, garlic and rosemary, this “au gratin” recipe ensures you won’t miss potatoes or breadcrumbs at all.
Serves: 8Prep: 20 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large spaghetti squash (about 4 lbs.), cut in half, seeds removed
- 1 cup Kroger Brand Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces smoked gouda, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In 2-quart casserole dish, add a thin layer of butter; set aside.
- In microwave-safe dish with about 1” of water in bottom, arrange spaghetti squash halves cut side down. Microwave 10 to 15 minutes, until squash is tender.
- Use fork to separate squash into strands. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in saucepan over medium-low heat, combine heavy cream, cream cheese, garlic, salt, pepper and rosemary until hot. Remove from heat. Whisk in gouda cheese until smooth.
- Combine squash and cheese sauce. Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 28 minutes, until hot and bubbly and starting to brown around the edges. Let stand at least 10 minutes before serving.