Spaghetti Squash Pepperoni Pizza Bites
Increase the nutrient density of pizza bites with the addition of spaghetti squash in these fun-to-eat treats that work well for dinner, a snack or even in a lunch box.
Serves: 6Prep: 38 minutesCook: 27 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 1 package (16 oz.) Kroger Brand Prepped Spaghetti Squash Cubes
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup pizza sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 72 pieces mini pepperoni
- Prepare spaghetti squash according to package instructions. Allow to cool until just warm to the touch.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease 24 mini muffin tin cups; set aside.
- In bowl, combine squash, egg, parmesan, garlic and salt. Stir to combine.
- Divide squash mixture between prepared muffin wells. Press mixture firmly into each cup.
- Top each with about ½ teaspoon pizza sauce, about 1 teaspoon mozzarella and a few pieces mini pepperoni.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown around edges and cheese is melted.
- Let stand at least 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Refrigerate leftovers.