Spaghetti with Chunky Tomato Sauce
Double the recipe for this family-favorite sauce and freeze half in a zip-top freezer bag for an even easier dinner later.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 package (16 oz.) spaghetti, cooked
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Brown ground beef with onion and garlic in a heavy skillet over medium heat until beef is no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Drain well, and then add carrots, celery, basil, salt, and tomatoes.
- Bring sauce to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve sauce with hot pasta and grated cheese.