Spaghetti with Clam Sauce
If you love garlic, add more! This clam sauce is delicious served blended with perfectly cooked pasta. Just add some garlic bread and eat.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 package (16 oz.) spaghetti
- 2 cans (6.5 oz. each) minced clams, undrained
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil leaves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, in large saucepan, combine butter and olive oil over medium heat. When butter melts, add onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook until almost al dente according to package directions. Meanwhile, add undrained clams, basil, parsley, and lemon juice to saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- When pasta is done, drain and add to saucepan with sauce. Add to saucepan; cook and stir until mixture bubbles, about 4 to 6 minutes. Serve immediately.