Spaghetti with Fresh Mussels, Parsley, and Lemon
Try using fresh clams or shrimp in place of mussels in this dish.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 lbs. fresh mussels, cleaned and beards removed
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 lb. spaghetti, cooked
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 tsp. pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until light brown. Add mussels and 1⁄4 cup parsley. Cook for 2 minutes while stirring. Add wine and cook for another 2 minutes. Add lemon juice and cover the skillet. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Uncover and discard any unopened mussels.
- Add pasta, zest, and salt to the mussels. Toss to combine the ingredients and to coat the pasta. Sprinkle with the remaining parsley and serve immediately.