Spaghetti with Garlic and Chili Oil
This is a simple recipe, but one that you will come back to again and again. The garlic and chilies infuse the oil with a rich flavor. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 fresh serrano chili (seeded, if you like), thinly sliced
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- Salt, to taste
- ½ bunch of fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a small pan, then add the garlic, chili, and pepper flakes, and cook over low heat for 2–3 minutes, until the garlic turns golden brown. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of salted water.
- Drain the pasta and put in a large bowl. Add the garlic and chili oil and parsley, and toss. Serve immediately.