Spaghetti with Garlic and Chili Oil
This is a simple recipe, but one that you will come back to again and again. The garlic and chilies infuse the oil with a rich flavor. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 fresh serrano chili (seeded, if you like), thinly sliced
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- Salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 bunch of fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a small pan, then add the garlic, chili, and pepper flakes, and cook over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes, until the garlic turns golden brown. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of salted water.
- Drain the pasta and put in a large bowl. Add the garlic and chili oil and parsley, and toss. Serve immediately.