Spaghetti with Herbed Meatballs
You can form your meatballs into any shape and size you like. However, if you make large meatballs, allow for more cooking time.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 5 thick slices day-old or toasted Italian bread
- ¾ lb. lean ground pork
- ¾ lb. lean ground beef
- ¾ lb. ground veal
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano, chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 medium shallots, peeled and minced
- ½ bulb garlic, peeled and minced
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1½ lbs. cooked spaghetti
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- Soak the bread in water for 1 minute. Thoroughly squeeze out all liquid and place in a large mixing bowl. Add pork, beef, veal, egg, oregano, parsley, shallots, garlic, cheese, and pepper and mix lightly with your hands.
- Form mixture into balls about 2" to 3" in diameter.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place the meatballs on a lightly greased baking pan and cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and brown for 10 minutes.
- Toss spaghetti with marinara sauce. Serve pasta with meatballs.