Spaghetti with Mushroom Cream Sauce
This simple, creamy pasta is one of the easiest dishes in the book, and certainly one of the most flavorful. The caramelized onions and soft mushrooms make the perfect topping for any gluten-free spaghetti noodles.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 oz. gluten-free spaghetti
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 lb. baby bella mushrooms
- 1⁄2 lb. shiitake mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup gluten-free low-sodium chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp. chopped chives
- 1⁄2 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 3⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cooked bacon
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rapid boil. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente, about 6 to 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and mushrooms and cook until softened, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in stock, wine, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until liquid is almost evaporated, about 6 minutes.
- Add cream and stir to combine. Simmer another 4 to 6 minutes, or until thickened. Stir in chives, rosemary, and cheese.
- Pour the sauce over the spaghetti. Top with bacon and serve warm.