Spaghetti with Mussels
Mussels don’t necessarily pop to mind when you think about easy seafood dishes, but this recipe may just change your mind. Bursting with flavor from the mussels and tomato sauce, this Italian favorite is irresistible!
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. mussels, cleaned and debearded
- 2 cups cooked whole grain spaghetti
- Bring a large skillet to medium-high heat and add olive oil and minced garlic. Sauté 1–2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the tomato sauce and seasonings to the skillet and simmer 2–3 minutes.
- Add the cleaned mussels to the skillet, toss, and cover the skillet for 5 minutes.
- Once mussels are opened and sauce is simmering, remove from heat and toss with cooked linguine.