Spaghetti with Olives, Capers, and Tomatoes
Remember to use a boxed variety of pasta when making a vegan pasta dish. Most fresh and many frozen pastas are made with eggs. You should also check the ingredients of any dry pasta you buy, just to be sure.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- ½ cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 Tbsp. nonpareil capers
- ⅛ tsp. crushed red pepper
- ½ cup roughly chopped Italian parsley
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 lb. spaghetti, cooked al dente and drained
- Heat the olive oil and garlic in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet or Dutch oven until it sizzles; add the olives, capers, crushed red pepper, and parsley. Cook 2 minutes; add the tomatoes. Cook until the tomatoes soften into a chunky sauce; add the tomato sauce, season with salt and pepper, and bring back to a simmer.
- Add the cooked spaghetti; cook until heated through. Remove from heat and serve immediately.