Spaghetti with Shrimp Sauce
Thereʼs something incredibly palate-pleasing about the combination of seafood with pasta. Shrimp lovers will love this recipe!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. lactose-free margarine
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium-sized green pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. dried whole oregano
- ⅛ tsp. dried whole rosemary
- ⅛ tsp. dried whole thyme
- ¼ cup water
- 1 lb. fresh shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 4 oz. uncooked spaghetti
- Melt margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, green pepper, scallions, celery, and garlic. Sauté until vegetables are tender.
- Add tomatoes, seasonings, and water. Cover and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add shrimp to skillet. Cover and simmer an additional 10 minutes. Cook spaghetti according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain. Serve shrimp sauce over spaghetti.