Spaghetti with Three-Cheese Sauce
This rich and creamy cheese sauce is quick and easy to make. Toss it with cooked pasta alone or add cooked chicken and vegetables.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb. spaghetti, cooked
- In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour, salt, pepper, and nutmeg; cook and stir until mixture bubbles, about 3 minutes. Add milk all at once, stirring with wire whisk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens and bubbles, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in all three cheeses. Stir until melted and smooth. Serve immediately over cooked pasta.