This Greek favorite will be a lot thinner when made panini style, but itʼs just as tasty.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 packages frozen spinach (10 oz.), cooked, drained, and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄4 onion, chopped and sautéed
- 4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled into small pieces
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. pepper
- 6 sheets puff pastry (5-inch square)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat the panini press. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, olive oil, onion, feta cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Brush both sides of puff pastry sheets with butter. Place on panini press and do not close the lid. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes and remove. Repeat until a single side of each of the sheets is cooked. Scoop spinach mixture onto toasted sides of 3 puff pastry sheets and top with the remaining sheets with the uncooked sides facing up.
- Return to the panini press, close lid and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from press, cut in half, and serve warm.