Spanish Artichoke and Zucchini Paella
Traditional Spanish paella is always cooked with saffron, but this version with zucchini and artichokes uses turmeric instead for the same golden hue.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- ½ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 medium red or yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup chopped artichoke hearts
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- ½ tsp. salt
- In a large skillet, heat garlic and onion in olive oil 3–4 minutes until onion is almost soft. Add rice, stirring well to coat, and heat another minute, stirring to prevent burning.
- Add tomatoes, artichokes, and zucchini, stirring to combine. Add vegetable broth and remaining ingredients, cover, and simmer 15–20 minutes until rice is done.