You can let your guests help themselves to the various veggies that go into gazpacho. It’s important to make a good base soup and then add the vegetables.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 6 oz. dry red wine
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. Tabasco sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground pink peppercorns
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- Set aside 1 tablespoon each diced bell pepper and cucumber.
- Place tomatoes, onion, remaining bell pepper, remaining cucumber, wine, lime juice, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and peppercorns in a blender. Purée the mixture, then transfer to a large soup pot. Bring to a boil over high heat and turn off the heat. Chill 2 hours.
- Serve soup topped with chives and reserved bell pepper and cucumber.