Spanish Marinated Olives
These will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 36 large Spanish green olives
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Drain the olives. Place several at a time on a flat surface and crush them slightly with a large wide-blade chef’s knife, without altering their shape. This opens them up just enough to marinate throughout.
- In a large bowl, toss together olives, pepper, rosemary, bay leaves, garlic, and vinegar. Place them in a preserving jar or plastic container with tight-fitting lid and cover the olives with the olive oil. Marinate for a least 1 week in the refrigerator. Keep refrigerated, but return to room temperature before serving.