Spanish Olive Oil Mashed Potatoes
Traditional mashed spuds go Iberian with the addition of extra-virgin olive oil instead of the customary butter. Sprinkle with pimentón for additional Spanish flavor.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 large potatoes (3 lbs.)
- 2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- ½ tsp. ground white pepper
- 2 oz. extra-virgin olive oil
- Peel potatoes and cut them into 2" uniform pieces. Put potato pieces in a pot with cold water and 1 teaspoon salt to cover.
- Turn heat to medium-high and bring potatoes and water to a boil. Then turn down to simmer and cook until the potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork, about 15 minutes. Drain potatoes in a colander and let the steam dissipate for 5 minutes.
- Put cooked potatoes and milk in a bowl and mash until potatoes are slightly chunky. Drizzle potatoes with olive oil. Season with salt and white pepper.