This tasty and refreshing classic can be watered down with club soda. It’s fine alone or with food because it is not too sweet.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 medium orange, thinly sliced
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 liter dry red wine
- In a medium, nonreactive saucepan, bring the water and sugar to a boil. Cook, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved. Add the fruit and lime juice and return to a boil. Take off the heat and let cool.
- Put the sugared fruit in a pitcher with the wine and add ice. Serve in chilled glasses.