Spanish Sweet and Spicy Almonds
Almonds grow everywhere in Spain, so these are a tapas menu staple.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp. pimentón (smoked paprika) or hot paprika
- 1⁄4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 cup whole almonds, ideally marcona
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the olive oil, salt, paprika, cayenne pepper, and honey in a bowl with a fork. Add the almonds and stir to coat.
- Pour the coated almonds onto a baking sheet lined with nonstick foil and separate them into individual nuts with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes, stir the nuts around, and bake another 5 minutes. Let cool on the foil and then break them into individual nuts and store them in a tin with a tight-fitting lid.