Spare Ribs with Honey Coconut Glaze
These yummy baked spare ribs are perfect for a backyard picnic. The unique barbecue flavor with an Eastern flair lends itself well to either a side of rice or a side of fries.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled and pressed
- 1⁄2 cup raw coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 2⁄3 cup raw honey
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 4 lbs. spare ribs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor, blend soy sauce, coconut milk, green onions, ginger, garlic, coconut sugar, curry, honey, orange juice, lemon juice, mustard, and sesame oil until smooth.
- Place the ribs in a large baking pan; pour the sauce mixture over the ribs, coating evenly. Cover the ribs with foil; bake for 1 hour.