Sparkling Mint Kiss Cookies
These sweet chocolate and mint cookies are the perfect way to spread the love this holiday season.
Makes: 48Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 Tbsp. butter, at room temperature
- 1¾ cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. mint extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup decorator sugar
- 48 Hershey’s Kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the work bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, combine the granulated sugar and butter. Beat on medium speed until well combined and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, about 30 seconds each, then stir in the mint and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, flour, baking soda and salt. Add cocoa mixture all at once to creamed butter and sugar. Mix until just combined, and dough is quite firm and easy to roll.
- Roll balls of dough, roughly 1" in diameter, and coat in decorator sugar. Place 2" apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake cookies for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press a Kiss into the center of each cookie. Let cool on pan for 5 minutes; remove to cooling rack. Repeat with remaining dough.