Speedy Black Bean and Corn Soup
Greatness doesn’t have to take all day! This black bean soup is ready in about 15 minutes, and is great served with warm tortilla chips.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cans (15 oz.) black beans, undrained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 tsp. cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 can (14 oz.) corn, undrained
- In a medium stockpot over medium-high heat, combine the beans, salsa, water, cumin, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove half of soup to a blender and purée. Return mixture to the stockpot. Add the corn and continue to cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately.