Speedy Pork Meatloaf
Parmesan cheese and tomato sauce are both good sources of umami, the meaty or savory flavor that is the secret ingredient in MSG (monosodium glutamate).
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ lbs. ground pork
- ¾ cup plus 2 Tbsp. tomato sauce
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Shape into a loaf and place in a microwave-safe casserole dish. Cover with microwave-safe wax paper.
- Microwave on high heat for 15 minutes, 5 minutes at a time, rotating the dish a quarter turn between each cooking period. If the meatloaf is not cooked after 15 minutes, continue to cook for 1 minute at a time until done. (Total cooking time should be about 15 minutes.) The meatloaf is cooked when the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Pour any fat off the dish and serve.