Speedy Pumpkin Rolls
These rolls are great for brunch—or when you have company, because they only take a few minutes to put together. You can make the batter the night before, refrigerate it, and then just bake the rolls when you wake up!
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup pumpkin purée
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled, divided
- 2 cans (8 oz.) crescent roll sheets
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F and spray 2 round cake pans (9") with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pumpkin, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and ¼ cup butter and mix until well combined.
- Unroll the crescent roll sheets onto a lightly floured work surface. Divide the pumpkin mixture evenly between the two sheets and spread evenly across the sheets, leaving a ¼" border around the sheet. Carefully roll the long edge of the dough over and continue rolling into a log. Place the logs onto a baking sheet, cover with plastic, and chill for 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, remove the logs from the refrigerator and, with a serrated knife, cut each log into 6 rolls. Place the rolls into the prepared pans and bake for 30 minutes, or until the rolls are golden brown all over. Remove from the oven to cool.
- While the rolls cool, prepare the glaze. In a medium bowl, combine the powdered sugar, cinnamon, rest of the melted butter, and milk. Whisk until smooth. The glaze should be the consistency of thick pancake batter. Drizzle the glaze over the warm rolls, then allow the rolls to cool until they are just warm and easy to handle, about 15 minutes.