Spelt Crepes with Blueberry Sauce
This crepe recipe can be used with roasted vegetables and topped with grated Romano cheese for a savory variation.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 35 minutesTotal: 2 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk, soy milk, or rice milk
- 2 cups water, divided
- 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 apple, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 tsp. stevia powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1⁄8 tsp. cinnamon
- Combine eggs, milk, 1⁄2 cup water, salt, flour, and butter in a blender; purée until smooth. Scrape sides and purée until everything is combined. Place in fridge for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Heat a crepe pan; spray with oil. When hot, pour 1⁄4 cup batter onto a 10-inch pan (2 tablespoons for a 7-inch pan); swirl around to cover bottom. Cook until browned on bottom, about 1 minute.
- Loosen crepe with a spatula or knife; flip with your fingers. Cook the second side for about 30 seconds.
- Stack crepes to keep them warm; cover with a clean cloth towel.
- Combine apple and stevia powder in a heavy saucepan with 1⁄2 cup water. Add blueberries; bring mixture to a simmer; cook until fruit is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Dissolve cornstarch in remaining 1 cup water; add to fruit while cooking. Stir in cinnamon and cook until liquid thickens. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Lay each crepe on a plate; spoon some of fruit mixture onto half of each crepe. Roll or fold crepe, and serve.